Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited
Terms & Conditions:
Hire & Tour Liability:
Bicycles & Equipment Hire Conditions:
- The hirer is responsible for all hired items provided by Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited for both themselves and any other rider included in their tour group during the period of responsibility.
- The hirer recognises that any personal injury caused to himself, themselves or by them to others during the period of responsibility is not the responsibility of Top Trail Hire and Tours Limited
- The Hirer accepts that they are responsible for the cost of replacement, repair or other remedy should any loss or damage occur to hired items during the period of responsibility.
- Where cycle locking devices are provided it is expected that the hirer will employ the lock (devise) for the protection of the property of Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited.
- An open credit card imprint may be taken as security.
Bike Trailer Hire Conditions:
- The trailer remains at all times the exclusive property of Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited. The hirer obtained possession by way of bailment and does not acquire any proprietary right or interest in the trailer.
- The trailer is acknowledged to be received in good condition.
- The hirer will return the trailer upon completion of the period of responsibility in the same order and condition as received fair wear and tear alone accepted and will not alter or otherwise interfere with any plates or documents required to be carried within the trailer.
- The trailer will not be used for the carriage of persons.
- The hirer will comply with all statutes, regulations and other requirements governing the use of a trailer and warrants that he holds a current drivers licence.
- Retention of the trailer after the return time of the hire will amount to unlawful conversion and without prejudice to other remedies Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited may recover costs and overdue charges at the rate of $200.00 per day until return of the trailer to the site hired from and including all transport costs.
The Hirer will pay to Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited
- The hire charges as agreed.
- Any overdue charges incurred.
- A credit card imprint will be taken, which shall be destroyed upon satisfactory return of any hired goods.
- The cost of any damage that has incurred during the period of responsibility up to the point of return to Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited.
- Any payment for damage/repairs is to be made within 30 days of invoice date unless otherwise agreed in writing by Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited prior to the repair taking place.
- The hirer agrees that any repairs for damage will be repaired by an agent of Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited and billed to the hirer. No repairs are to take place unless authorised by and written approval given by Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited
- In the event of any accident the hirer will report immediately to Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited and co-operate fully with Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited’s insurers.
- Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever whether suffered or incurred to Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited or third parties whether such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the hire of Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited property. The hirer accepts full responsibility for all damage, loss or consequential damage to a third party arising from the hire of or use of property belonging to Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited
Tour Terms and Conditions
Booking and Payment
- Bike Hire and Shuttles
- For each rider full payment of the service is required prior to departure.
- For group bookings of 10 or more full payment is required 7 days prior to departure.
- No reservation shall be confirmed between Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited and the customer until a payment has been made and acknowledged in writing by Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited
- In the event of a cancellation of the group reservation within two (2) days of departure, no refund will be made, and for periods longer than seven (7) days a credit or refund of the reservation fee less a $25.00 booking fee for each booking will be made.
- Combo Tour Packages including accommodation will require 25% deposit payment up front at point of booking to act as confirmation of booking. With full payment minimum 7 days prior to booking departure
- Cancellation by the client within the fourteen days of the commencement of a Tour will be assessed on a case by case basis (illness, unavoidable circumstances, Covid 19 level changes) but may result in no refund.
- Credit card payments may attract a 2% surcharge.
- Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited reserves the right to cancel any tour if minimum numbers have not been reached or for reasons beyond our control. In this event we will endeavour to provide a full credit to ride again or refund.
- Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited reserves the right to decline to accept any participant or hirer at any time.
- Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited reserves the right to amend services or prices should it become necessary in either the interests of safety or unforseen circumstances. We undertake to advise clients as soon as possible of any changes to service, schedule or price.
- Bookings are accepted on the understanding that clients are aware that they are taking part in an activity (cycling) that may involve certain inherent risks, including inclement weather, rough terrain and conditions and other accidents that may cause injury or loss to themselves and others or loss or damage to their own or others property. Despite these risks they wish to take part in that activity and accept sole responsibility for their own safety.
- In addition the client will not make any claim against Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited or its officers or employees or agents in respect of their taking part in the activity, including for any injury, loss or damage suffered by themselves or others.
- The client must take account of their own physical fitness level and personal health status when deciding to participate in the activity.
- Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited advise you to purchase sufficient travel, accident, medical luggage and cancellation insurance
Claims and Complaint Procedure
- If any complaint should arise during the tour the client should inform Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited personnel as soon as possible and we will endeavour to rectify the matter. If the complaint cannot be resolved at the time the client should write to • Top Trail Cycle Hire Limited within twenty eight (28) days of completion of the activity.
- The Laws of New Zealand apply. Each client agrees that these laws are binding on themselves, their heirs, their legal assigns, administrators and executors.
Top Trail Cycle Hire Ltd 31st May 2021