Twin Coast Cycle Trail 3 day package
The planning is already done for you. JUST BOOK!
SELF GUIDED, 3 day, 3 night cycle package - riding the Twin Coast Cycle trail and more!
Bike hire, shuttles, 3 nights accommodation, ferry crossings, luggage transfer, 3 breakfasts, and 2 dinners included. 3 full days riding.
Take 3 days and 3 nights to cycle the stunning Pou Herenga Tai Twin Coast Cycle Trail in Northland.
You will be based in Paihia (1 night) , Kaikohe (1 night) and 1 night in Horeke. NB – accommodation is limited in Kaikohe during the summer months, if we have to we will book 2 nights in Paihia and 1 night in Horeke.
Approx 40 kms riding each day
INCLUDED – Bike hire, 3 nights accommodation, shuttles and ferry crossings, luggage transfer, panniers if needed, 3 breakfasts, and 2 dinners.
Once booked in you will receive a thorough daily itinerary with maps and instructions on your activities, luggage transfers and shuttles where applicable, and support from our crew at Top Trail if needed. All you have to do is decide your dates and book! Check out our reviews we will make sure you have the best experience!
Standard bike $1550, Ebike $1700 pp priced in a twin share or double
Does not include: dinner on first night, lunches, drinks.
– singles, children, and extra shuttles – will be priced upon application, just ask!
More details on this self guided package click on the itinerary below.5
Brief itinerary for 3 day package
- Arrive Paihia
- Check in and stay Paihia
- Dinner is your choice of anyone of the restaurants in Paihia or even Russell.
- Breakfast served at your accommodation
- Drive Kaikohe to our base for 9am, get kitted out with your bike – standard or Ebike – Depart by 10 am latest. Cycling East! – Our team will get you comfortable and give you day 1 riding instructions – best places to stop for lunch and snacks and photo opportunities – where and what time to meet our shuttle
- Shuttle back from Kawakawa (3pm) to Kaikohe to return to your car and drive to your accommodation.
- For an evening activity – Ngawha Springs for a soak (not included in the package price) – but if you would like to book – we suggest the 4 – 6 pm session Weds to Sun – we advise pre booking https://www.ngawha.nz/
- Dinner at your accommodation
- Breakfast served at your accommodation – check out.
- Drive to Kaikohe base for 9am once again – park your car here in our secure carpark for the night.
- Cycling West to Horeke and your accommodation.
- We suggest that you ride on to Māngungu Mission house – a spectacular site overlooking the harbour. This is where the largest signing of the Treaty of Waitangi in the country took place, with over 70 chiefs adding their assent before a crowd of up to 3,000 people. – stop for a moment and soak up the amazing views. Return to your accommodation.
- Your bags will be shuttled to your accommodation by 3pm.
- Dinner is included
- Continental breakfast served at your accommodation between 7am – 8am
- Pack up your luggage for the transfer that day back to our base and your vehicle in Kaikohe.
- Ride to Wairere Boulders – take the 1 hour loop walk – leave by 11am.
- Join the Ranui ferry waiting for you at the Horeke Wharf to take you to Kohukohu for your afternoon cycle.
- Disembark the Ranui with your bike and you have the 2 options of distances a short 3km ride or longer 17km ride.
- You will need to meet the 4pm ferry (latest can go before if you wish) . You will have some time to potter around the quirky town of Rawene before your pick up.
- Our van will meet you in Rawene at 5pm for your shuttle back to Kaikohe base and your car and bags!
Ask us if you would like to add in an extra night in Kaikohe (not included but can be added on)
Once booked we will send through a thorough day by day itinerary for you to follow.